The secret's out. More and more people are experiencing the joy of camping. Since 2014 there has been a 72% increase in the number of campers who camp three or more times a year. There are over 77 million camping households in the US, and every year 1 million new families start camping.
Whether it's a love for the outdoors or a way to escape your busy life, camping offers something for just about everyone.
Let's take a look at some exciting camping facts:
- 38% of the 75 million household campers are Millennials—an increase of 34% since 2016.
- 54% of campers travel less than 100 miles from home. Western US and Canadian campers are the most likely to travel long distances.
- 60% of campers do so in tents; however, 60% of new campers are staying in RV's.
- 96% of campers enjoy camping with family and friends and feel healthier because of the benefits of outdoor activities.
- 85% of adult campers state that getting their children to participate in outdoor activities is the most significant reason they camp.
- The top five most essential items to take camping are:
- 61% - tent
- 38% - sleeping bag
- 24% - bug spray
- 23% - cooler or fridge
- 22% - firewood
More people realize that camping is an excellent opportunity to bring family and friends together; To get away from the daily grind, recharge, and get closer to nature. Whether you're camping in a tent, or an RV, roughing it, or glamping, Truma has several products that help make your experience a great one.
Take a Truma Cooler portable fridge/freezers on your next camping trip and relax, knowing your food will never spoil, get soggy, or need ice to keep cold. Learn more about the Truma Cooler Portable Fridge/Freezers here.
Whether it's the aroma of a freshly brewed cup of coffee in the morning, a hot shower before you go to bed: with the Truma LevelCheck you'll always know just how much propane is available in the tank. Learn more about the Truma Levelcheck here.
Sources: KOA, Forbes
Head of Marketing Truma North America